Thursday, March 7, 2013

Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer


I had been coveting this product for quite awhile, mostly due to much of the hype surrounding this product. For those not in the loop, this one the Allure Best Of Beauty award and has a very large fan base. Some believe this is an overhyped product, others believe it is with every penny. I decided to include this in my Barney's Bag Haul. Ivory was perfect for my coloring. (As a side note I always feel bad when a product only comes in 4 shades and they are mostly for lighter skinned people)


This product is described as, "A perennial makeup-artist favorite, Cle de Peau Beaute concealer is highly editorialized and continues to win major awards every year. This is enhanced with Revitalizing Moisture Complex to lock in moisture and smooth out texture. It blends sublimely to expertly conceal dark circles, spots, and imperfections. High-performance powders ensure flawless skin in any light, providing maximum coverage with a smooth, even finish that does not crease."

And now for the million dollar question, is it worth it? My answer - I have no idea. I know that isn't very helpful, but I really have a hard time answering that. As stated on Tuesday when discussing the Nars concealer, this has a hard time covering the seriously angry blemish. It is incredibly light and creamy and does an amazing job at covering miner imperfections (and I love this on my good days), but I find that it is just not as pigmented as I would like it to be. I tend to use more of the really light coverage foundations and tinted moisturizers and therefore need something with a bit more oomph. This does last all day without creasing and is really quite creamy and luxurious and those who have skin that doesn't need major coverage will find this product to be incredible. I find that I still need a heavier concealer in conjunction with this. So would I purchase this again? Probably not. I found my Bobby Brown concealer to pretty much do what  this does, although it is a bit more drying. I have, however, heard amazing things about Edward Bess' stick concealer and will most likely try this when this is finished (though it will most definitely take me awhile). 

If any of you has tried this or the Edward Bess concealer stick I would love to hear your thoughts on them!

This can be purchased at a many locations including Barney's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, and Bergdorf Goodman (or any of these locations online). 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is a great concealer, but like I said, if you are using it to cover up some serious blemishes then you might want to layer it with another concealer (I use the new nars one)

      Delete