Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tom Ford Cheek Brush


I have recently found a sick love for the Tom Ford Brush line. Seriously. They are incredibly soft and luxurious and are such a pleasure to use every day. It just looks incredible as well. (That is something I will absolutely give Tom Ford  - he knows how to make a presentation!) 

"Tom Ford's brush collection is designed to bring ease and luxury to the process of creating your look - they make expert makeup application completely effortless.

Achieve concise and effortless cheek color application with this ultra-soft brush developed with natural hair. It allows complete versatility: layer color to desired intensity or sheer it down to transparency. Handle is designed for true comfort and balance."

These bristles are very densely packed and as such pick up a large amount of pigment. If you choose to use this with a highly pigmented blush, I would suggest application with a very light hand. Its quite easy to master and you will soon find application of blush to be an effortless and very enjoyable experience! I love touching this brush head as it is so darn soft. I tried checking online and unfortunately cannot find what exactly the brush head is made of. If anyone has any information on this please leave in the comments. 

This brush head is quite white and has gone back to white after washing. It also has maintained its shape (which is very important to me). It cleans easily and dries within 24 hours. When I wash it in the morning it is dry by the next morning.

This brush has everything I look for in a brush and it has quickly become my favorite face brush and it makes me want to own the entire collection. I just wish they were a bit cheaper.

You can purchase this product at Saks Fifth Avenue, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, or any of these retailers online. 

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this brush!! Previous to owning it I never knew what a pleasure it could be to apply blusher!! No matter the texture and pigmentation I find this blends out everything like a dream...pure and utter indulgence from the time I pick up the brush and look at it to the end of application :-)

    TF brushes are made from goat hair, except for one maybe but I can't remember which? Also I believe Hakuhodo makes these for TF :-) Here's a link to the whole series of TF brushes with comparisons and a detailed description of the goat hair

    http://wondegondigo.blogspot.com/p/tom-ford-brush-series.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh thank you for all that! That explains why they are so awesome...Hakuhodo brushes are amazing! What other tom ford brushes do you have that you think I need to own?

      Delete
    2. The Cream Foundation brush!!! I'm on the fence about the bronzer brush...love the look and how it applies product, but I actually don't find it as soft as many people do...and for such a big brush I want it to feel like silk - is that too much to ask for?!! LOL! But in all fairness I've been used to taklon brushes so that's some softness that's hard to come by in natural hair brushes.

      Far as eye brushes, I have the eye shadow brush, eyeshadow contour brush, smokey eye brush, and most recently the eye blender (though I haven't used this one yet!). I love the eye shadow brush because it lays down color so smooth and even, especially when I do an all over color wash. I wasn't sure about the contour and smokey eye brushes at first, but I'll simply say...you need them in your life!!! Pretty much that link I gave you says it all :-) Ha ha!

      Delete
    3. I have been seriously wanting that brush. It is actually next on my list of beauty purchases and now you make me want it even more. So you are essentially saying I pretty much need them all! haha I'm kinda seriously jealous of your collection!

      Delete