Thursday, November 1, 2012

Victor and Rolf Flowerbomb La Vie en Rose and Travalo Perfume Rollerball


Hello everyone. Sorry for not being around! I was caught in Hurricane Sandy and only just got my power back last night. I hope everyone else is doing alright and has been safe during this time.

Victor and Rolf's best selling perfume, Flowerbomb, now comes in Eau de Toilette version (which means for those that do not know there is a lesser concentration of oils in the fragrance which results in a less pungent odor that will generally not last as long). For some scents, an eau de toilette version may not be a good thing (such as Mark Jacobs Daisy which lasts all of 3 seconds). This was perfect to me. As much as I love Flowerbomb, the scent is so overpowering it generally gives me a headache. I found that this is the perfect version that allows me to love the scent without it overpowering my senses and it still seems to last all day! Although this is stated to be a limited edition item, Sephora still caries it and has carried it for at least 6 months now, so you still have time to scoop one of these up (I know I plan on purchasing another before they are out!).

This perfume is described as "having the power to seduce with the same glamorous extravagance as the classic Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum. A sparkling and sophisticated rendition, it entices you to indulge in the power of a refreshingly crisp sensation. The scent opens with top notes of tangerine, bergamot, tea, and pink pepper. Lily of the valley, freesia, and centifolia rose create its floral heart. A base of amber and patchouli provides a compelling anchor."

I absolutely love this perfume. It is definitely my favorite. It is a floral perfume and quite sweet, yet not so sweet that my mother (who absolutely hates sweet perfumes) commented that she liked whatever it was that I was wearing. It has a sophisticated feel to it without it being too old. The bottle is also quite pretty. I love having it sit on my counter. I think it is even better looking than the original bottle. The only downside to this perfume is the price. It only comes in one size and is $80.00.

The other product that is pictured with the perfume is the Travalo Refillable Perfume Rollerball. It is quite a nifty little product. It's a portable rollerball that you can easily fill with your own fragrances. You take the spray head off your perfume bottle and stick this guy on top and it fills. It is perfect for travel when you cannot take your favorite perfume with you. Since I went to stay with my family during the recent Hurricane, I thought it a perfect time to try this out. Normally I use the backup perfume I keep at my parents house for when I go home, but this product allowed me to take my Flowerbomb with me! I was thrilled. It worked exactly as it says it would. It took me 2 minutes to fill and the roller works like a dream. This is also small enough that it can be taken on a plane with you or kept in your purse for quick touch-ups throughout the day. I definitely like this product! If you prefer spray versions (as opposed to a rollerball) they also sell mini refillable sprays. It also comes in multiple colors! =)

On a last note, have you guys heard of the new Victor and Rolf cologne for men? It is called Spicebomb. Has anyone had a chance to smell it yet? I haven't and am really curious. Let me know in the comments!

The only place I have found that is still selling the Victor and Rolf perfume is https://www.sephora.com and the Rollerball can be purchased at http://www.travalo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment