Thursday, December 6, 2012

Illamasqua - Lipstick and Intense Lipgloss


I have been on a crazy hunt the past few months looking for the perfect purple lipstick. Tha hunt ultimately ended with Dior 'Rouge Dior' Lipstick in 786 Mysterious Mauve (review forthcoming), however, this hunt took me down some interesting twists and turns along the way. One of the purple items I had picked up was the Illamasqua lipstick in kontrol and intense lipgloss in fierce. 

The picture above is in sunlight and the picture to the right is from flash.  The uppermost swatch closest to my wrist is just the lipstick alone. Underneath that is the lipstick and lipgloss and the last is simply the lipgloss. You can see how highly pigmented this lipgloss is, it is not sheer in any capacity.

Illamasqua describes their lipsticks as a "color intense lip stick...that glide on smoothly for the perfect pout that stays all night." Kontrol is described as being a matte deep lavender. The intense lipgloss is described as "high-shine, color-rich intense lipgloss thats offered in a wide range of bold colors." Fierce is described as being a bright blue purple.

I originally loved this purple because it is a very true purple. I only decided it wasn't for me when I wore it one night and my friend asked me if I was cold (joking of course) because this purple is a bit too much a blue-purple. The lipstick itself felt good on my lips, quite creamy for a matte lip color. The lipgloss is very pigmented and not sticky in the slightest. I found I really liked this lipgloss and might get it in other colors. I happen to really love the Illamasqua brand.

All in all it wasn't meant to be my perfect purple, however I did find I loved this lipgloss, so it wasn't a complete loss.

These products can be purchased at Sephora, https://www.sephora.com or any other place that sells Illamasqua products.

No comments:

Post a Comment