Saturday, December 8, 2012

Nars New Wave Pallet and Dogon Duo


YAY! This is my 50th Post! 




Now that everything with this pallet is straightened out, I wanted to show you the swatches. I promise everyone, this will be the last post about this pallet!


The picture above was taken with flash and the picture to the right was taken with natural light. The top 6 colors are from the new wave pallet and the bottom two (the taupe and the grey) are from the Dogon Duo. Although the light purple and the blue look completely different on the eye, they look similar in the photos, so just to clarify the light purple is above the green and the dark blue is below the green.

I have never used Nars eyeshadows before (I know crazy right) even though I have been coveting them for awhile. These guys are butter smooth and apply wonderfully, my only caveat is that the blue and the darker purple are really hard to blend. I don't have that problem with any of the other colors, so I found that to be weird. These last all day without fading or creasing (though I do wear urban decay's primer potion).

I didn't take any pictures of these wet, but I might swatch and edit this later with them wet. They are awesome. I tried wetting the blue and wearing it at an eyeliner and it looked amazing and it lasted all day without smudging or budging.

I can't believe it took me so long to finally purchase Nars eyeshadow, but I am absolutely sold!

They can be purchased in store at Barney's or Saks 5th Avenue or online at http://www.narscosmetics.com/

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Canada has NARS at Sephora and The Bay.

    Those all look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And I just found out that certain Lord and Taylors have full Nars counters now! I literally just played for 45 minutes yesterday at one. The lady was so wonderful and helpful. =)

      Delete