Thursday, December 13, 2012

Lorac: Eye Candy Full Face Collection

Please note this post is going to be VERY picture heavy. Enjoy! =)



For Hanukkah this year my parents bought me this wonderful little kit. It contains 4 different eyeshadow quads, an eyeliner quad, and a lipstick/cheek stain quad. Not only does it contain quite a bit of wonderful products, but it also comes in this cute little chocolate box. Each of the quads are meant to look like chocolate bars and they are even named after chocolates. How cute? This collection is described as "a deluxe assortment of sweet, tempting treats that contains a luxurious selection of fresh colors for eyes, cheeks, and lips that you simply can't resist. The eye shadow palettes, cream eye liner palette, and cheek and lip tint palette are all infused with ultra rich color and velvety smooth texture for a variety of eye-enticing looks."I have to say I am absolutely thrilled with this collection. The eyeshadows are all like butter; they apply silky smooth, blend amazingly, and last all day (when I wear primer, they do rub away pretty quickly without primer due to their ultra blend ability). The eye liner pallet colors apply smoothly, I would almost compare it to Bobbi Brown's gel liner, are very pigmented, and last all day. The only palette that I wasn't thrilled about was the lip and cheek palette. It is very dry and chalky on the lips and isn't really blendable enough that I want to use it for my cheeks. I found that it is only really useable if mixed in with a clear lipgloss to make a sheer wash of color.

Blackberry Truffle SeductionL Smokey Eye Shadow Palette


Left Image with Flash, Right with Sunlight

Caramel Love Affair: Golden Eye Shadow Palette


Left Image with Flash, Right with Sunlight

Tantalizing Cocoa: Bronze Eye Shadow Palette


Left Image with Flash, Right with Sunlight

Ooh La La Vanilla: Nude Eye Shadow Palette


Left Image with Flash, Right with Sunlight
Mesmerizing Dark Chocolate: Cream Eye Liner Palette


Left Image with Flash, Right with Sunlight

Indulge In Berry Kisses: Cheek and Lip Tint


Left Image with Flash, Right with Sunlight

Ultimately, many of the colors are similar, but I have found with use that they are all ever so slightly different and as such have different uses. I really do like and recommend this palette even with the cruddy lip/cheek tint colors. I think it is a great buy at $59 for beginners with relatively no makeup to those with tons and tons of it. I also think it makes a great holiday gift for those still looking. 

This collection is a Sephora exclusive and as such an be purchased in a Sephora store or it can be purchased online at http://www.sephora.com.



5 comments:

  1. I love those colors!! Especially the browns and metallic looking ones.

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love the metallic ones too! My favorite palette is the caramel one, they are such pretty colors. I wish there was a bit more diversity, but I am positive these will all get worn! =)

      Delete
  2. love the colours! esp the bronze eyeshadow palette!

    x
    elviemousse.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was given that for a holiday gift too. It's on a delivery truck somewhere as I type. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your going to love it! It's really been a lot of fun so far!

      Delete