Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Burberry Coral Pink Blush and Mallow Pink Lip Glow





As I was writing the post last week comparing the Tom Ford blush to Burberry's blush, I realized I never actually wrote a review of my Burberry Blush! I also realized that I completely missed the Lip Glow I had also purchased from the Spring 2013 collection: Mallow Pink Lip Glow and Coral Pink Blush.



As you can see, both have a coral appearance to them and are very hot for this season. The gloss is as amazing as any other Burberry gloss (not sticky, but with a little tack so that it lasts - lightly hydrating, and incredibly pretty), however unlike other Burberry glosses, this is incredibly pigmented. It quickly became one of my favorite staple glosses.

Burberry states that this formula has "a creamy touch and perfectly adherent texture" and contains "light oils and spherical powders to give fluidity and comfort. It reflects light to create the illusion of plumper, fuller lips and leaves lips supple, and glowing with natural highlights and subtle iconic tones. "

The blush goes on like a dream. It is creamy (even though it is a powder) and is incredibly soft and finely milled. In a competition between Tom Ford and Burberry, I still think the winner is Burberry. Once again this is an incredibly pigmented blush out of the norm for Burberry.

Burberry describes their blushes as "a bright and radiant finish with warm glowing skin, reminiscent of the freshness of a spring morning. This airy micro-powder ensures rich shades and silicones provide an easy glide."

I, as always, was also incredibly impressed with the packaging. The blush is in Burberry's usual metallic case with the magnetic closure and the lip glow is in a clear lucite container with Burberry's signature metal cap and a doe foot applicator. The blush has a nice amount of heft to it that (as always) makes you feel like you are getting your money's worth. Burberry just knows how to make a classy container.

I am a huge lover of all things Burberry Beauty, so it is not surprising that I would love these products.

As a heads up, Nordstrom is doing their Trend Show Event on April 27th and Burberry is doing a gift with purchase at $125 and it will be two mini lipsticks - Lip Mist in Copper #02 and Lip Velvet in Antique Pink #303 and a little Burberry Lip Charm (the charm from the winter collection minus the tassel).

These can be purchased from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, any of these retailers online or http://us.burberry.com/store/.

5 comments:

  1. Ha! I went the other route and picked up Hydrangea Pink!! I love Burberry blushes so much that other blushes in my collection have hardly had any use! Mallow Pink is so pretty...and I love Pink Sweet Pea also!! Yay for Burberry!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept going back and forth on sweet pea and ultimately decided I didn't need it. I agree my other blushes dont get as much love as my Burberry, but you are right there is much to love about Burberry!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! Love the gloss color <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not limited edition so you can still get it! =)

      Delete