Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Holy Grail Products


I consider holy grail products to be products that I consistently  purchase over and over again - products that I find I cannot live without. As such, that list is very small, especially since, even if I love a product, I will usually try something new when I finish it. The list right now is at 7:

Clarisonic Mia 2

This is must need skin cleansing product. It gets really deep into the pores for a really great clean, while still remaining gentle enough on the skin (I have the sensitive brush head). I have had this for 2 years now and keep buying the replacement brush heads.

Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water

This is by far the best makeup remover I have ever tried. It removes pretty much all my makeup, while still remaining incredibly gentle. This never burns my eyes or makes my skin feel tight. I am on my third bottle of this.

Burberry Primer

This primer moisturizes and makes my makeup last all day without oxidizing while it also adds a nice dewy glow to my skin. My absolute favorite primer.

Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray

I have used this for about a year now and I am on my third bottle. This sets my makeup when I am done to make it last all day. I also sometimes use this during the day to reset my makeup and also to refresh my face as it feels really nice when sprayed on. I started using this last summer when my foundation would slide off my face while walking in the city heat - this prevented that from happening. Love this.

One Love Organics Skin Savior

This is another product that I am on my third of and cannot live without. This makes my skin so clean in the morning without stripping my skin in the slightest. I have also used this in the dead of winter to moisturize my incredibly dry skin. This product is seriously a skin savior.


Lush Solid Shampoo

 This shampoo contains no preservatives and as such is a solid shampoo. You use this by running is through your hair like a bar of soap. I love how silky smooth it makes my hair feel after a shower and how it helps to maintain frizz free hair all day. I ran out of this a few months back and as such did not use it for a week and absolutely felt the difference. I will never let myself run out again.

and some no name Bisque Eyeshadow

I don't know the name of the brand that makes it and so have no idea how I will get a new one once I run out, but I have used this for a year and I only just recently hit pan, so I know I have a bit more time to use this. It is a flesh toned eyeshadow that I love to use as a setting powder for my under-eye concealer. I have tried replacing it several times, but always end up going back to this. I love it!

What are some of your holy grail products?

3 comments:

  1. I just ordered a Clarisonic to add to my skin care routine! every excited about it

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loooove KGD cleansing spa water!!! I've gone through several bottles as well, and I think come Fall I'll get the huge pump bottle for the Barneys event. I want to try the Burberry primer, but I've also been reading great things about the Becca primer too... ah so many things to try!!! Thanks for showing us your list!!! Hope you find as good of a replacement for the bisque!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about people's HGs!

    Some of mine are
    Aveeno Makeup Remover Wipes
    Maybelline Age Rewind Primer
    Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara and
    Clinique Even Better Foundation.

    I really like the regular Urban Decay setting spray but now i want to try deslick too!

    ReplyDelete