Thursday, April 11, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Glossy Stain in 7 Coral Aquatique


This is another product I had heard a lot about and have been meaning to buy. I had tried it a few times in Sephora, but never found it necessary. I was also not specifically thrilled with the colors (i'm not really sure why, but none of them really caught my interest). In my Barney's Bag Event bag I found a sample care with 3 Ysl glossy stain colors. 2 of the colors where reds that I was not interested in, but the 3rd color was this really light coral color that I tried on a number of occasions and when I ran out of I felt I needed it.

It is a pretty unique color in my collection. It is like the perfect shade of light coral that I can wear with heavy eye makeup.

With flash

Without Flash

This glossy stain is described as a "revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain."

I also love that this practically stays on all day with little touch-ups. It lasts pretty well through food and is pretty much kiss proof. It is also pretty hydrating. I didn't feel the need for lip balm the entire time I was wearing it. It stays juicy and glossy and is absolute perfection. I can't believe I waited so long to buy this. I am going to have to get more colors!

I also love the does foot applicator that it comes with (I really prefer those to the brushes). And the container is really quite luxurious looking. It is square with a gold cap and has little see through spots that allow you to see how much product is left (and the color, which I am sure is helpful if you have multiples of these). It also has a bit of heft to it that really completes the idea of luxury. It really is quite well made over all.

This can be purchased from many locations including Sephora, www.sephora.com, Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment