Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Burberry Lip Cover in Tea Rose



As promised yesterday, a review of this Burberry lipstick. In December, I wrote a post stating my Holiday Beauty Wish list and on that list was a Burberry lipstick - any Burberry lipstick. I heard so much about these on other blogs that I felt I needed this. A few weeks ago I made the trek into NYC to find the only Burberry counter in the tri-state area (Saks) so I could finally play with my Burberry. I was originally thinking of getting the holiday lipstick trio, but found that the Nude Beige color wasn't a good color for me. So instead I was thinking of getting both Tea Rose and the other color in the set Dusty Rose, however the sa annoyed me so much I ended up with just this (the sales associates at the Burberry counter in the Saks in NYC are ridiculously pushy). 

This lipstick is everything I dreamed it would be and more. It is gorgeous to look at (a magnetic enclosure is just amazing) and feels like a dream on the lips. It it goes on moisturizing (I have found the moisture doesn't last, but they don't dry out your lips) and just glides across the lips. It isn't too heavy of a feeling on and the color is opaque with one swipe. Not only do I want more of these, but I would love to try the other lipsticks, the lip mists which are supposed to be on the more sheer side and the lip velvet which is supposed to me more opaque.

Burberry describes these as being "super-light 'second skin' texture that provides intense moisture immediately after application. Combination of oils and light waxes helps easy application and extreme comfort."

With Flash

Without Flash

This can be purchased at select Saks and Nordstroms or online at http://us.burberry.com/store/fragrance-beauty/

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color!! And I mean it´s Burberry, how much better can it get...

    Btw, win a Turquoise Sirena Bracelet!! Easy giveaway is up on my blog!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/2013/01/tango-me-baby-giveaway-with-tango.html

    ReplyDelete