Friday, January 4, 2013

November Glossybox Review


I'm sorry this post is so late, but I have still not received the numb style argon oil missing from this box. I called them months ago and I was promised it would be here in two weeks. I have now emailed them several times and called hundreds of times. They have yet to pick up the phone or answer my emails. I am disgusted with them and quite frankly I give up and will review this box as is. I will gladly update this post if I ever receive the missing product, though I doubt that will happen, which is ridiculous since it was the most expensive item in my box and the one I wanted the most.

Illamasqua Lip and Eye Medium Pencil - $20/0.5 oz

Designed to glide over your skin and create a long-lasting highly pigmented finish, this creamy pencil lets you write a different story with every look. Use it to create sultry eyes or sensuous lips.

This pencil is as smooth and wonderful as they say it is. I originally received a black pencil, but traded for a light blue. It is creamy and goes on like a dream. My only caveat is that it won't seem to work on my waterline. I'm not quite sure why. However this looks great on both the lips and as eyeliner. It is quite a fun color and item.




Lierac Gommage Sensoriel - $30/3.5 oz

This unique gel-oil texture scrub transforms into a milk upon contact with damp skin for skin smoothing, toning, and invigorating exfoliation. A mix of three white flower extracts and four precious botanical oils regenerate and softens the skin.

This was probably my favorite item in the box. It took some playing with to get it out of the tube (I think the opening was too small for the exfoliating beads), but once I got it out it was wonderful. It smells great and makes my skin feel fantastic. If I didn't have more exfolients than necessary I might have purchased this. I liked that it wasn't too harsh (since it turns to a milky substance upon contact with water), but at the same time was exfoliating enough to get rid of dead skin and dirt. I loved this stuff.

Nume style arganics by nume argon oil - $59/4 oz

A perfect compliment to any hair an skin care regiment, this Argon Oil is rich in Vitamin E and another beneficial fatty acids. Non-greasy and specially formulated for rapid penetration, the oil brings a whole new level of shine and luster to even the most ravaged and damaged hair and skin.

This sounds awesome, I only wish I actually got to try this.

Perfumies Solid Perfume Stick - $7/0.7 oz

A perfect travel companion, these slender and elegant solid perfume sticks allow you to touch up your fragrance on the go. These convenient perfume sticks have an all natural base, no preservative, paraban free and are never tested on animals.

This product came very squishes inside the tube. I put it in the freezer to make it solid again, which helped me use the product, but didn't change the fact that it was not a pleasant smell. I did not like this product at all, but then again I am very picky with my perfumes. I have to admit, I kind of liked the idea of a solid perfume. I can image it would be great for travel, I just didn't like the scent.

Skin and Co Roma Truffle Serum: Hydro-Toning Day Face Serum - $36/1.01 oz

Give your face a boost and slow down the signs of aging using this italian serum infused with Peptides, pure extracts of Tuber Melanosporum and Hyaluronic Acid. Use daily for a brighter more even tones complexion. 

I used this for two days, but this made me break out, so I can't really adequately review this other than to say that people with sensitive skin may not like this. It did have a pleasant odor and I liked how it felt on my skin.

All in all, as you can probably see, I was not thrilled with this box or with glossy box's costumer service this month. To be honest, I wasn't completely thrilled with December's box either. January's box is supposed to be a collaboration with the Man Repeller and is supposed to be an awesome box. Let's hope it is because I am going to seriously consider canceling if it isn't.

Glossybox is a monthly subscription service for $21 a month and can be purchased from http://www.glossybox.com/.

2 comments:

  1. What awful customer service. I'm sorry they didn't keep their promise thus far and didn't provide you with the product you paid for. I'm be incredibly unimpressed as well. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, they are pretty known for their crappy cs though, so I can't say i'm surprised

      Delete