Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Five Favorite Lipsticks of the Moment

I thought that I might post about my favorite lipsticks of the moment. These are the lipsticks I grab for the most. It's funny, until I swatched them all on my arm for this post I didn't realize how similar they all are in color!



1. Dior Addict Lipstick in 680: Millie (the first one all the way to the left) - This lipstick is by far my favorite because it is seriously moisturizing and imparts a pretty pink color. I can use this lipstick as a lip balm it is so moisturizing. It is just a pleasure to wear this.

2. Burberry Lip Cover in 08: Tea Rose - I haven't reviewed this lipstick yet because I love it so much I never wanted to waste any of it with a swatch. No worries however, as this will have a full review tomorrow. (edit: review can be read here) This color is very similar to the Dior Addict, but is much more opaque. Also quite moisturizing for a lipstick (but not nearly to the extreme of the Dior Addict). 

3. Dior Rouge in 786: Mysterious Mauve - The full review of this lipstick can be found here. However, this is my perfect purple lipstick. It is a bit less moisturizing then the Dior Addict line, but still goes on smoothly and doesn't dry out my lips. 

4. Mac Amplified: Up The Amp - This lipstick cannot be classified as moisturizing in the least. It is my favorite only because I love the color and this stuff lasts. I have eaten a cheeseburger with this lipstick and found that my lips were still perfect after the meal. 

5. Lorac Co-Stars: Hot Kiss - The full review of this lipstick can be found here (you can also read about one of my favorite lip glosses there as well). I love this lipstick for much the same reason as the Mac; it doesn't come off. As I am writing this I still have the swatch on my arm as I simply cannot remove it. It is also the color that is the most different in my collection. 

Without Flash

With Flash

These swatches are in the same order as the lipsticks and my favorites from top to bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment