Saturday, October 20, 2012

Barney's "Haul"




I put haul in quotations because I'm not really sure I want to call this a haul, but wasn't exactly sure what else to call it. The past month I made a list of everything I either wanted to get samples of or buy the next time I made my way to a Barney's. Well, yesterday I finally got my chance.

I sampled Tatcha Rice Enzyme Scrub so that I could compare it to my AmorePacific Enzyme Peel. I got samples of some more of the Sunday Riley line including Good Genes, which I have been really wanting to sample. I also got a sample of Rodin Olio Lusso as I have heard some wonderful things about it and I wanted to compare it to Sunday Riley's Juno oil. Last of the samples was from Malin and Geotz. I really wanted to sample their intensive hair mask and they also threw in a sample of shampoo (the rep told me that I could't get the full experience of the mask without it) and their detox face mask.

I had only planned on getting samples of some of the Sponge lotions, and somehow I was talked into purchasing. The rep told me that since I was young the only lotion she would recommend to me was Krema Imeras (day cream) and that it would be sufficient for my dry skin for both day and night. I am a little skeptical, but she seemed so earnest that I felt the need to believe her. We shall see.

The two other full sized products I bought were from Sunday Riley's makeup line. I bought her lipstick in Orchid and lipgloss in blackberry crush. I had been coveting this color online for a month and was dying to purchase it, but refused to do so until I had tried it. It is the perfect vampy purple! I will have to  swatch it for you at some point!

Do you guy's think I made some good selections? Tell me what you think!